OK... after countless FTP-in'... hackin'... downloading... reuploading... reconfiguring... and countless other things. I still can't fix a problem in the old GM scripts.
In fairness to the GreyMatter scripts... it's still working. TheLair still holds 1869 posts since 2001 with no problems. It's the scripts installed in the NTSL119.com site that is giving me problems.
So I decided to try out WordPress.
Quick install... nice features... I did encounter some problems in exporting the old GM posts... but after a couple of workarounds... it's up.
Until I forgot to note down the generated random admin password. (E-mail for forgotten password still blank.)
PHPMyAdmin module saved the day though.
I am satisfied so far... and will probably re-direct the old one in here.